Dr. Michael L. Brown is an American Messianic Jew, radio host, conservative and author of the book ‘Hyper-Grace: Exposing the Dangers of the Modern Grace Message’…below is an article he wrote after a face to face meeting he had with Joseph Prince…
In general many assume that the views of Dr. Brown are opposite to what Joseph Prince preaches- especially after Dr. Browns ‘Hyper-Grace’ book was published.
Let us see how things stand in Jan 2017, when they both met to discuss on Grace…
After the meeting Dr. Brown says & I quote: …”the points on which we agreed far outnumbered and outweighed the points on which we differed”. The following are the 8 points where they both agreed:
- It’s all about Jesus
- Many believers often fail to realize the depth of God’s love for them and on what Jesus did on their behalf, and so it is essential to ground them in Grace
- God calls us to holiness, and true grace will manifest in a holy life
- Sanctification is progressive, meaning, the moment we are saved, we are forgiven, declared righteous, and set apart as holy, but now we must grow in holiness
- The Lord corrects us, and included in the preaching of grace is the calling to “exhort and rebuke with all authority” (Titus 2:15)
- God’s Law is glorious and holy and beautiful- but we understand that, “The Ten Commandments are so perfect in [their] standard and so unbending in [their] holy requirements that Galatians 3:11 states that no man can be justified by the law in the sight of God. Justification before God can only come by faith in Christ.”
- Any form of universalism or any denial of future punishment for the lost must be categorically rejected
- Commitment to the local church and the authority of the local church
Michael Brown holds a Ph.D. in Near Eastern Languages and Literatures from New York University and has served as a professor at a number of seminaries. He is the author of 25 books and hosts the nationally syndicated, daily talk radio show, the Line of Fire.
Joseph Prince is the senior pastor of New Creation Church in Singapore (33000 members) and is a well known author, speaker and proponent of the Grace Revolution world-wide.
Below is given the article in its full form.
TITLE of the article: Hyper-Grace: Setting the Record Straight With Pastor Joseph Prince…
On Friday, January 20 2017, while ministering in Singapore, I had the pleasure of spending two-and-a-half hours with Pastor Joseph Prince, delving into the Scriptures in Hebrew and Greek, discussing the points on which we differed, and highlighting the points on which we agreed. Without a doubt, the points on which we agreed far outnumbered and outweighed the points on which we differed.